This humble man from Melbourne, Australia, consulted with GPT4 "as a joke" and "PR piece to draw attention to the art".
"Rhett Mankind", the digital artist, has released a video that tells his story of "nowhere to someone" using GPT4. Now this man is demonstrating the power of a designer life with style & technology. Brett tells his heartfelt story in his own authentic words that can serve to inspire anyone.
"Rhett Dashwood aka Rhett Mankind is an award winning digital artist with an eminent background with over twenty years in branding, digital art and advertising. He has been teaching Digital and Crypto Art for several years.
After a near-death experience concerning health, a mental existential struggle leads him to the pages of 'Confession' by Leo Tolstoy. 'Since death is inevitable, what is the meaning of life?" He found the answer of hope through exploring, creating and sharing."
So the story goes like this....
Rhett Mankind is a digital artist struggling to sell digital art, in his words, is a "dead" market. Has the NFT P2P original image creative era been overtaken by personally generated AI art? Is this a prequel to the A.I. art replacement journey for many? My opinion is yes in a number of facets. We will break that down as we unfold this digital journey.
In frustration and curiosity, Rhett starts experiments with AI with the constraint of limited cash. He creates a meme coin with a budget of $69 Aussie Dollars. He starts the ball rolling with a Tweet.
That was a few days ago. GPT4 did it's stuff. It reached it's completion by partnering with Brett. The market Cap was US$20m, and by the time I published the article, that had risen to US$50m in Crypto token / fiat allegedly. The Meme market has seized the power of the story.
"May 1st Tweet
There is nothing. You are early. There is no team. No devs. Just vibes."
May 9th The Whitepaper is published. "Turbo Token: A GPT-4 Inspired Meme Coin"
The Market Action
8th May TURBO Price Live Data (8th of May)
The live Turbo price today from Coinmarketcap is $0.002012 USD
with a 24-hour trading volume of $169,308,127 USD.
Turbo is down 22.13% in the last 24 hours.
The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #2617
No live market cap of not available.
The circulating supply is not available and a max. supply of 69,000,000,000 TURBO coins.
Description: "This first meme coin ever created completely by AI"
8th May 13:30 NZT.
Turbo price today is $0.001334 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $130,972,839 USD.
Turbo is down 35.42% in the last 24 hour. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #2617.
9th May 5:07am NZT
Turbo price today is $0.000626 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $108,068,546 USD.
Turbo is down 65.15% in the last 24 hours. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #2621,
The Back story about the "Artist uses AI to create a successful meme coin experiment."
Here is the video by quick link sections.
Detailed Summary for - How I used AI to make a $20M meme coin
Artist uses GPT4 AI to create a successful meme coin experiment
- Struggling to sell digital art, artist experiments with AI-generated meme coin
- AI suggests steps to create successful meme coin, artist follows through with audience participation
[05:01] Created a new token on the blockchain using AI
- Used GPT4 to come up with a character and name for the token
- AI was trained up to 2021 and needed an update for recent memes and tokens
[09:30] Successfully developed smart contract and website with zero budget
- Community helped with advice and optimisation
- Used Google sites for website and GPT for content
[13:48] The project faced liquidity pool failure, but community support led to new fundraising options
- Bot bought the entire pool, causing price to go out of whack
- Community voted to find a way forward, and suggested fundraising options such as donations, crowdfunding, and grants
[17:47] Crowdfunding and deployment of a new meme coin called Turbo Toad Token
- Crowdfunding was done with 50 people sending ETH, with the biggest pledge being $300
- Deployment of the token cost around $650 and was done manually, with 96 billion Turbo Toad Tokens and 50 holders
[21:57] Launching a liquidity pool with low ownership percentage
- Excitement for the project to become decentralised
- Building trust through relationships and support from artists
[27:15] Increased liquidity and community building were key to success
- Spreading awareness and providing tutorials helped increase liquidity
- Community building and collaborations were important for success
[31:47] Success of a personal project leads to overwhelming gratitude
- Started with a US$10 million dollar market cap and now at US$25 million dollar market cap as of May 6th - now multiples of that.
- Personal project to get more eyeballs on artwork has blown up beyond expectations!
David W. Harvey, CEO of Design By Zen, merges 42 years of IT and high-tech design expertise with groundbreaking innovation. Inventor of the DBZ Comfort Index, Holistic Objectives algorithm, and the pioneering Social Harmony Ecosystem or Engine -SHE Zen AI architecture, David's work also includes the world's first intelligent earthquake table -EQ1. Holder of multiple international patents, his professional excellence parallels a fervent interest in exotic cars & simulation engineering. Off-screen, David finds balance in cultivating a Zen garden, reflecting his philosophy of harmony in technology and life through art.